IT Security Specialist
We are looking for a strong IT Security Specialist to support important mission with one of our federal government clients. You will be a part of an important and exciting mission that provides information technology expertise, strategic vision and tactical implementations using frameworks that require self-healing network for scalable fault tolerant runtime environments utilizing state of the art agile DevSecOps practices in the cloud.
IT Security Specialist, Security Compliance is responsible for helping ensure timely and effective security risk assessments of computer systems. Additionally, will prepare the necessary assessment reports, documenting the results associated with the assessment and provide peer review of teammates’ deliverables as needed. As a result of the assessments, will develop updates Plan of Action and Milestone (POAM) tables and performs the validation and verification of remediation efforts to close POAMs as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or in related field or equivalent and/or at least 8-15 years related experience
- In depth experience with security risk assessments using the NIST Framework
- Experience in several of the following areas is required: understanding of IT security practices and procedures; knowledge of current security tools available; different communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools; secure system architecture, system engineering, system administration, configuration management, or agile application development experience; familiarity with commercial products, and current Internet/EC technology
- Experience reviewing and updating/editing security artifacts(i.e., Security Plans, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test, e- Authentication workbook, FIPS 199 workbook, etc.)
- Experience validating artifacts submitted for POAM closure
- Compliance automation experience
- CISSP or other security related certification
- Familiarity with Nessus, Security Center 5, Webinspect, DB Protect, Fortify, Appscan, Nipper, Burp Suite Pro, WebSphere, ActiveState Perl, Aquafold, SoapUI Pro, Ultraedit, SNSScan, SolarWinds Engineer’s Toolset, Fortify, RSA Archer, Swimlane, XACTA Continuum
Clearance Required: Must be a US Citizen, Clearable for Public Trust