Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
OPTIMOZ is a digital transformation company that enables enterprises and federal agencies to accelerate development and delivery of applications that engage customers and drive revenue. We are looking for a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator to support important mission with one of our government clients. You will be a part of an exciting mission that provides information technology expertise, strategic vision and tactical implementations using frameworks that require self-healing network for scalable fault tolerant runtime environments utilizing state of the art agile DevOps practices in the cloud.
A successful candidate should have:
- At least five (5) years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration
- At least five (5) years of experience with Microsoft SQL programming including troubleshooting and investigating complex database issues
- At least one (1) year of experience with Microsoft SQL Server High Availability
- Ensure servers are current with SQL Server patches and security updates.
- Analyze and evaluate the security procedures required for specific mission-critical business systems.
- Create and implement plans for system security using a variety of technologies to provide data security and auditing functions for mission critical systems.
- Maintain security and integrity of data access policies, standards, and methods by establishing database recovery plans to minimize data losses and system downtime. Develop backup routines for both the database management system software and the stored data.
- Maintain SQL Server test environment where upgrades and security patches can be tested.
- Coordinate database management system interfaces with other data processing units.
- Coordinate the installation and implementation of database management system software and related software tools with vendors, data processing staff and system users.
- Develop and implement new database management policies, procedures and standards.
- Collect data dictionary information on existing Microsoft Access 2003 databases.
- Develop and create new database solutions based on business unit requirements.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks for proactive monitoring on the database servers such as deleting log files and dump files or correcting errors.
- Monitor database performance and make modifications and adjustments to database architecture, storage methods and management system software to fine-tune the database for optimum response time.
- Troubleshoot problems related to availability of data to system users, space, database software, data flow, and data storage and data access.
- Migrate existing shared Microsoft Access data to Microsoft SQL Server and update existing Microsoft Access Databases to link to new data source.
- Create, modify, and troubleshoot reports in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
OPTIMOZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per OPTIMOZ employment policy.