Migration & Modernization
Most enterprises wait way too long to modernize their core applications and infrastructure and, as a result, accrue significant technical debt and rising costs. The results can be catastrophic – including lower productivity, the loss of key technical talent, and the inability to pivot the enterprise in fast-changing world. Migrating core applications and infrastructure to the Cloud can help an enterprise reverse this trend and become nimbler and more competitive.
OPTIMOZ can help your enterprise migrate and modernize your mission-critical applications to operate successfully in the Cloud.
We provide all of the services necessary to execute a successful migration & modernization effort, including:
- Working with stakeholders and end-users to identify key application priorities.
- Prioritizing work based on enterprise need, ability to deliver, and cost.
- Supervising your technology and IT operations teams.
- Improving technical and DevOps processes.
- Recruiting new talent and train or cycling out underperformers.
- Ensuring high-quality, on-time delivery of new functionality.
- Working with customers to implement custom capabilities and then managing the process for deciding which features will become standard product features.
- Managing the technology and IT operations budget.
- You can deploy new capabilities frequently with high reliability by eliminating bottlenecks in the application development process that can cause delays and decrease application quality.
- You implement best-in-class security approaches to ensure that your enterprise, data, and users are protected.
- You gain high performance from your applications while operating them efficiently and economically.
- Refactoring code, infrastructure components, and security throughout the application stack to operate with high performance and reliability in the Cloud.
- Injecting modern software development techniques to prolong the useful life and supercharge the performance of the application, including:
Microservices that perform specialized functions, such as payments, with high reliability.
APIs to manage seamless data exchange with other applications.
Modern approaches to analytics to maximize the insight gained from data in the application.
- Integrating open source and commercial software products and components into the application to improve performance, time to delivery, and upgradability.
In a nutshell, an API is a set of functions that allows the sharing of data between independently run applications. Over the past 24 months, more enterprises have begun to modernize their applications by adopting an API (Application Programming Interface) first...
Deloitte, OPTIMOZ and USCIS discuss the patterns and anti-patterns for achieving the right-sized API governance approach for your organization from the show floor at Google Cloud Next ’19. https://youtu.be/eUT-MgG7yv0
By 2023, 80 percent of new application starts will be in the Cloud, and some exuberant analysts are predicting that the creation of new, on-premise data centers will end by 2025. In addition, enterprises are migrating existing workloads to the Cloud at a rapid...
At Optimoz, we spend a lot of our time helping companies migrate their important applications to the Cloud. It’s harder than you might think. Most Cloud applications are built using technologies and tools that weren’t mainstream five years ago. Cloud...
Driven by the power of the Cloud, the software development process – and development lifecycles - is transforming. Downtime is becoming a thing of the past with highly available architectures and immutable infrastructure. The scale of utilization is increasing as...