Sr Devops Engineer
DUTIES: Develop next generation technology projects that intersect cloud computing, DevSecOps, and Cloud infrastructure on microservices and API architecture. Setup and support Infrastructure automation utilizing AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Setup and support container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift. Support development processes from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards. Provide site reliability engineering utilizing various monitoring and alerting tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic Search, Kibana and Logstash. Setup and support Devops policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance. Analyze software and infrastructure vulnerabilities to determine risk, impact and remediation strategies – drive remediation of defects through automation. Setup and maintain Security compliance including client and server patching, endpoint protection, configuration management. Lead team technical evaluations, solution and design approaches discussions. Provide Gitops based deployment solution. Deploy services/application to various environment including production. Participate in the Sprint Review and Retrospectives and maintain Sprint progress. Provide technical mentorship to junior team members. Other duties as assigned. Job eligible for up to 100% telework from anywhere within the U.S.
REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related technical field and 3 years of experience with IT systems and operations OR Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related technical field followed by 5 years of progressively responsible experience with IT systems and operations.
Qualified candidate must possess:
- 3 years of experience working in an Agile environment;
- 3 years of experience with open source technologies and tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Java, and/or Ruby;
- 3 years of experience with Kubernetes and AWS Cloud services;
- 3 years of experience with Systems level configuration management tools and creating automating infrastructure and/or code deployment and management;
- 3 years of experience with Linux;
- 3 years of experience with Open Source Repository Manager; and,
- Any amount of experience with or demonstrated knowledge* of
- protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S and/or DNS
- networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPSec, PKI and/or TCP/IP
- security directives, policies, publications and regulations including NIST Security Controls and FISMA
*Knowledge may be demonstrated through education, training and/or experience.
LOCATION: 2600 Tower Oaks Blvd, Suite 610, Rockville, MD 20852
TO APPLY: Please apply on-line using the link below & reference OP001.